The Raspberry Pi 3 Model B is the third generation of Raspberry Pi.
Built on the latest Broadcom 2837 ARMv8 64bit processor.
The new generation Raspberry Pi 3 Model B is faster and more powerful than its predecessors.
This powerful credit-card sized single board computer can be used for many applications and supersedes the original Raspberry Pi Model B+ and Raspberry Pi 2 Model B.
Whilst maintaining the popular board format the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B brings you a more powerful processor, 10x faster than the first generation Raspberry Pi.
It has improved power management to support more powerful external USB devices and further to customer feedback based development the new
Raspberry Pi 3 now comes with built-in wireless LAN and Bluetooth connectivity making it the ideal solution for powerful connected designs.
The power requirements for this version of the Pi board have increased from 2 amps to 2.5amps.
This Raspberry Pi doesn’t come with a SD card. It also needs to be a micro SD card rather than the old size.
- Broadcom BCM2387 chipset
- 1.2GHz Quad-Core ARM Cortex-A53
- 802.11 b/g/n Wireless LAN and Bluetooth 4.1 (Bluetooth Classic and LE)
- Dual Core VideoCore IV® Multimedia Co-Processor. Provides Open GL ES 2.0, hardware-accelerated OpenVG, and 1080p30 H.264 high-profile decode
- Capable of 1Gpixel/s, 1.5Gtexel/s or 24GFLOPs with texture filtering and DMA infrastructure
- 1GB LPDDR2
- Operating System
- Boots from Micro SD card, running a version of the Linux operating system or Windows 10 IoT
- 85 x 56 x 17mm
- Micro USB socket 5V1, 2.5A
- 10/100 BaseT Ethernet socket
- Output HDMI (rev 1.3 & 1.4 Composite RCA (PAL and NTSC)
- Audio Output
- Audio Output 3.5mm jack, HDMI,
- 4 x USB 2.0 Connector
- GPIO Connector
- 40-pin 2.54 mm (100 mil) expansion header: 2×20 strip providing 27 GPIO pins as well as +3.3 V, +5 V and GND supply lines
- Camera Connector
- 15-pin MIPI Camera Serial Interface (CSI-2)
- Display Connector
- Display Serial Interface (DSI) 15 way flat flex cable connector with two data lanes and a clock lane
- Memory Card Slot
- Push/pull Micro SDIO
It’s Operating System is available from https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/ Community and Support https://www.raspberrypi.org/community/